Hilton to open 158-room hotel in Egypt
Cairo, December 8, 2012
Leading global hospitality company Hilton Worldwide has signed a management agreement with Delta for Tourism & Hotels Company to open its new 158-room Hilton Hotels & Resorts property in the Egyptian city of Alexandria.
This comes as part of Hilton's plans to further boost its presence in Egypt, said a senior official.
The new Hilton Alexandria Corniche, a conversion property, is expected to open as a Hilton branded hotel in 2013 and will be Hilton Worldwide’s 19th property in Egypt and it’s second in Alexandria.
Rudi Jagersbacher, president, Hilton Worldwide Middle East & Africa said: "I am thrilled we continue to build on our important legacy in Egypt, a country we have served for more than 50 years."
"Alexandria is an inspired choice for our latest signing, it is a vibrant city with a strong business and tourism sector and our new hotel, commanding a superior beachfront location, will perfectly complement the facilities at our existing city-based hotel in Alexandria," he noted.
Hilton Alexandria Corniche will enjoy a prime location and imposing presence in Alexandria’s most upscale district on the city’s Corniche.
Tarek El Sayed, the chairman of owners Delta for Tourism & Hotels said: “We wanted to collaborate with an internationally recognised brand to match our ambition to provide world class hotel facilities. Hilton Worldwide has the experience and the reputation and were our natural first choice to operate this landmark property.”
Surrounded by stylish residences and boasting stunning views of the beachfront and Mediterranean Sea, the property will feature two large function rooms, four meeting rooms, a business centre, three restaurants, two of which will be speciality, and two bars. Leisure facilities will include a health club & spa, private beach and an outdoor pool.
Known as the ‘Pearl of the Mediterranean’ and Egypt’s second largest city, Alexandria enjoys a rich and proud heritage dating back to 331 BC when Alexander the Great founded the city.
Dave Horton, global head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts said: “As the pre-eminent hospitality provider in the region, our portfolio of properties in Egypt incorporates many styles and offerings but all share the well-defined, distinctive company hallmarks of top quality facilities and high standards of service."
"Hilton Alexandria Corniche will perfectly combine these style and service attributes to create a premium experience for both leisure and business travellers," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth