Gulf Air appoints acting CEO
Manama, December 7, 2012
Gulf Air’s board of directors appointed the airline’s deputy chief executive officer Maher Salman Jabor Al Musallam as acting chief executive officer.
At a meeting under the chairmanship of Shaikh Khaled bin Abdulla Al Khalifa, Deputy Prime Minister, the board discussed the implementation of the restructuring plan designed to put the airline on a path towards long-term sustainability, said a statement.
The board reviewed the report presented by the executive restructuring committee dealing with various aspects relating to the development of the company such as fleet, network, financial status and other important issues, it said.
The board agreed to hold a full board meeting every month to monitor the implementation of the restructuring. Also the committee was asked to meet the airline’s management weekly to ensure a transparent and timely implementation of the plan and submit its report to the board, the statement said. –TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal