Abu Dhabi ‘Best Business City’
Abu Dhabi, December 4, 2012
Abu Dhabi has been named ‘Best Business City – International’ by Global Traveler magazine, USA’s leading publication for frequent luxury and business travellers.
Ranked highest in the magazine’s ninth annual tested reader survey – an eight-month poll generating more than 25,000 reader votes - Abu Dhabi joins previous winners, Bangkok (twice), Barcelona and Istanbul in scooping the prestigious international business destination award.
“The GT tested reader survey awards are highly sought after and an unbiased reflection of the best in travel,” said Francis Gallagher, publisher & CEO of Global Traveler. “Our survey is unique from others as our readers have the only say. We offer warm congratulations to Abu Dhabi and compliment their hospitality product.”
With a questionnaire voting format distributed via subscriber copies of Global Traveler, on the magazine’s online platform, and through direct mail and email, respondents referenced Abu Dhabi’s stunning hotel properties, incredible depth of business, Mice facilities and modern tourism infrastructure as setting the emirate apart.
“While an impressive portfolio of leisure-based product has enhanced Abu Dhabi’s visitor proposition in recent years, catering to the international business community has always been the destination’s forte. The US is a key source market for the emirate and awards of this nature only help build awareness of Abu Dhabi’s multi-faceted offering as a world-class destination of distinction,” said Mubarak Al Nuami, international promotions manager, Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) - which manages the emirate’s tourism sector and markets the destination internationally through a wide range of heritage and culture-driven activities aimed at attracting visitors and investment.
“This award is timely as it will further position the emirate in the US market ahead of Etihad Airways’ planned March launch of direct services from Washington DC to Abu Dhabi.”
US was Abu Dhabi’s fifth largest international hotel guest source market in the first 10 months of the year, with some 66,054 Americans staying in Abu Dhabi hotels – a 1 per cent increase on the comparative period in 2011 – and accounting for 367,401 guest nights, according to the lastest TCA Abu Dhabi statistics.
Americans have proved to be the destination’s second-highest longest-staying guests, averaging 5.56 nights. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador