Etihad wins Global Traveler award for uniforms
Abu Dhabi, December 3, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has been recognized for having the best airline flight attendant uniforms by US-based Global Traveler magazine.
The award will be presented at the Global Traveler awards ceremony on December 12 at the Peninsula Hotel in Los Angeles. Award winners were determined by a survey of frequent business and luxury travellers, with more than 36,000 respondents.
Aubrey Tiedt, Etihad Airways vice president Guest Services, said: “Our cabin crew are, in very many ways, brand ambassadors. They bring the Etihad Airways brand to destinations across the globe, delivering the warm and attentive service for which we are known.
“Fittingly, our uniform, conceptualised by Italian couture designer Ettore Bilotta, is a classically elegant ensemble. The simple design is universally appealing, with a touch of our Arabian heritage in the form of the stylish light veil worn with the ladies’ uniform.
“With only one chance to make a first impression, we are pleased to present our cabin crew as professional and modern. We overlook no details in our service, nor our presentation,” Riedt added.
Etihad Airways has recently made updates to enhance the look of the uniforms. For example, female Cabin Managers, who wear a clean grey suit, now accent the look with red shoes to complement red gloves. All male cabin crew now wear the same look, a modern three-piece suit and tie, with different colours to signify different roles. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn