Etihad wins Global Traveler award for uniforms
Abu Dhabi, December 3, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has been recognized for having the best airline flight attendant uniforms by US-based Global Traveler magazine.
The award will be presented at the Global Traveler awards ceremony on December 12 at the Peninsula Hotel in Los Angeles. Award winners were determined by a survey of frequent business and luxury travellers, with more than 36,000 respondents.
Aubrey Tiedt, Etihad Airways vice president Guest Services, said: “Our cabin crew are, in very many ways, brand ambassadors. They bring the Etihad Airways brand to destinations across the globe, delivering the warm and attentive service for which we are known.
“Fittingly, our uniform, conceptualised by Italian couture designer Ettore Bilotta, is a classically elegant ensemble. The simple design is universally appealing, with a touch of our Arabian heritage in the form of the stylish light veil worn with the ladies’ uniform.
“With only one chance to make a first impression, we are pleased to present our cabin crew as professional and modern. We overlook no details in our service, nor our presentation,” Riedt added.
Etihad Airways has recently made updates to enhance the look of the uniforms. For example, female Cabin Managers, who wear a clean grey suit, now accent the look with red shoes to complement red gloves. All male cabin crew now wear the same look, a modern three-piece suit and tie, with different colours to signify different roles. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct