EasyJet names new sales agent for Jordan
Amman, December 1, 2012
UK-based EasyJet, one of the largest airline and number one air transport network in Europe, has signed Green Arrow Tours (GAT) as its official sales agent in Jordan.
By virtue of the agreement, GAT will build on easyJet’s solid reputation for making travel easy and affordable for business and leisure passengers to increase its sales on flights outbound from Amman, a statement from the airline company said.
“Following the success of our London-Amman route, which carried 60,000 passengers in less than one year of operation, we are looking to increase our passenger numbers flying out of Jordan,” said Hugh Aitken, easyJet’s UK & Middle East commercial manager.
“We want to make it easy for Jordan-based customers to book easyJet flights. As such, and adapting to the market trend, we are enlarging our website’s direct distribution channel to also be available through Green Arrow Tours, which is one of the leading travel agencies in Jordan and shares our vision for delivering convenient travel solutions.”
Firas Dakkak, managing director, GAT, said: “We’re delighted to be working with Europe’s preferred airline, easyJet. As a well-established tour and travel agency, we look forward to helping easyJet tap into the wealth of opportunity inherent in the local market, which has a large and hitherto unanswered appetite for low-fare flights.”
EasyJet operates scheduled flights connecting from Amman to London Gatwick Airport thrice weekly. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort