Air Arabia launches services to Prishtina
Sharjah, November 29, 2012
Leading low-cost carrier in the Mena region, Air Arabia, has officially inaugurated its service to Prishtina, Republic of Kosovo, becoming the first UAE airline to operate scheduled flights to the country.
Arabia will offer two weekly services between Sharjah and Prishtina, with flights operating on Mondays and Thursdays, a statement from the airline company said.
“Air Arabia is delighted to touch down in Prishtina and became the first UAE carrier to offer scheduled services to Kosovo,” said Adel Ali, group CEO of Air Arabia.
“We are confident that our service to Prishtina will further contribute to the ever growing ties between the Republic of Kosovo and the UAE. Additionally, the launch of two direct flights from Sharjah will offer customers a unique value-driven product, while rapidly expanding our network in Eastern Europe.”
With an average age of 25, Kosovo has one of the youngest populations in Europe. Prishtina, the nation’s capital and largest city, is located near to the Shar Mountains and is famed for its cafes, markets and historical landmarks. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief