Dubai media group ties up with TripAdvisor
Dubai, November 27, 2012
Dubai-based Local Media, which offers online and directory listings and a one-stop shop for business search and media services, has sealed a partnership deal with TripAdvisor, one of the largest travel sites in the world.
The agreement will allow the integration of TripAdvisor ratings and reviews into www.localsearch.ae, the online business search arm of Local Media that covers the UAE, and will enrich the content for advertisers and users, said a company statement.
TripAdvisor is a major travel site with ratings and reviews from travellers on places to stay, places to eat and places to visit. The site also offers a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools.
TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 60 million unique monthly visitors, and over 75 million reviews and opinions, it added.
Commenting on the deal, Local Media managing director, Andrew Thomas, said: "We are delighted to be the first media group in the UAE to sign a partnership deal with the world’s largest travel site. This enhancement will create a new dimension and enrich our online content, for the benefit of advertisers and users."
"TripAdvisor is a very recognised, highly successful and powerful addition to our online platform and complements our added value media services for listed businesses in the UAE, including social media properties and online tools including video," he observed.
TripAdvisor content, he said, will complement localsearch.ae, which incorporates a unique business locator based on an interactive digital map of the UAE, available exclusively to Local Search business directory.
Pollyanna Vincent, the partnerships manager, TripAdvisor said, “The traveller ratings for hotels, restaurants and attractions will enable users of Local Media’s listings service to read experiences from other travellers, helping to inspire and inform their local travel plans.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas