Ascott opens serviced residences in Doha
Doha, November 26, 2012
Ascott, a leading Singapore brand and the wholly owned-serviced residence business unit of CapitaLand, has opened its first premier serviced residence in Doha as part of its regional expansion strategy.
With the 229-unit Ascott Doha, Ascott has a network of over 1,000 apartment units across six properties in four countries in the Gulf region.
At Ascott Doha, discerning travellers can experience an exclusive and luxurious stay within the elegantly designed apartments, complemented by personalised services and comprehensive recreation and business facilities.
The serviced residence is located in the diplomatic centre of the city and at the north end of the Corniche waterfront promenade, fronting Doha Bay, offering stunning vistas of the Arabian coast and easy access to City Centre Mall, Qatar’s best known retail and entertainment spot.
Business travellers staying at the property will find themselves a stone’s throw away from the Doha Exhibition Centre and a 10-minute drive from the city’s business and financial district.
"Ascott is a Singapore brand which has gained international repute for its quality properties worldwide and we welcome travellers to experience our new premier Ascott Doha," said Vincent Wee, Ascott’s managing director for India and GCC.
"We see strong demand for serviced residences in Qatar. One of the fastest growing economies in the world, Qatar continues to attract significant foreign direct investments. Qatar is also a host to major international events such as the 2022 FIFA World Cup," stated Wee.
"Our first serviced residence in Qatar, Somerset West Bay Doha, has been achieving occupancy of over 80 per cent," he added.
According to him, Ascott will also open its properties in Oman, Somerset Panorama Muscat and Sohar Garden Residences, over the next 24 months.
"To expand our presence in the GCC, we will continue to establish new partnerships with property owners in Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Oman and Saudi Arabia,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn