Etihad appoints new GM for Libya
Abu Dhabi, November 20, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has appointed Abbas Al Ali as its general manager in Libya.
Abbas has over 20 years of experience in the aviation industry and will lead the commercial activities of Etihad Airways in the Libyan capital, Tripoli.
A UAE national, Abbas has held several key positions in the UAE and abroad. He joined Etihad Airways in 2004 and previously served as the airline’s Country Manager in Morocco. He transfers to his new role from Sharjah and the Northern Emirates, where he currently holds the position of area manager.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “Etihad Airways’ operations in Libya are just key to our network, and the appointment of Abbas Al Ali illustrates our growing ambitions for North Africa in general.
“Abbas has substantial knowledge and expertise of the travel industry, and commercial airline operations and will ensure our team in Libya achieves success in the coming months and years.”
In January, Etihad Airways inaugurated a three times a week service between Tripoli and Abu Dhabi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return