Etihad appoints new GM for Libya
Abu Dhabi, November 20, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has appointed Abbas Al Ali as its general manager in Libya.
Abbas has over 20 years of experience in the aviation industry and will lead the commercial activities of Etihad Airways in the Libyan capital, Tripoli.
A UAE national, Abbas has held several key positions in the UAE and abroad. He joined Etihad Airways in 2004 and previously served as the airline’s Country Manager in Morocco. He transfers to his new role from Sharjah and the Northern Emirates, where he currently holds the position of area manager.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “Etihad Airways’ operations in Libya are just key to our network, and the appointment of Abbas Al Ali illustrates our growing ambitions for North Africa in general.
“Abbas has substantial knowledge and expertise of the travel industry, and commercial airline operations and will ensure our team in Libya achieves success in the coming months and years.”
In January, Etihad Airways inaugurated a three times a week service between Tripoli and Abu Dhabi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort