Etihad appoints new GM for Libya
Abu Dhabi, November 20, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has appointed Abbas Al Ali as its general manager in Libya.
Abbas has over 20 years of experience in the aviation industry and will lead the commercial activities of Etihad Airways in the Libyan capital, Tripoli.
A UAE national, Abbas has held several key positions in the UAE and abroad. He joined Etihad Airways in 2004 and previously served as the airline’s Country Manager in Morocco. He transfers to his new role from Sharjah and the Northern Emirates, where he currently holds the position of area manager.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “Etihad Airways’ operations in Libya are just key to our network, and the appointment of Abbas Al Ali illustrates our growing ambitions for North Africa in general.
“Abbas has substantial knowledge and expertise of the travel industry, and commercial airline operations and will ensure our team in Libya achieves success in the coming months and years.”
In January, Etihad Airways inaugurated a three times a week service between Tripoli and Abu Dhabi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas