Etihad Airways expands loyalty program
Abu Dhabi, November 19, 2012
UAE national carrier Etihad Airways has launched a loyalty program for businesses, BusinessConnect, in seven new markets including Bangladesh, Belgium, France, Indonesia, Ireland, Saudi Arabia and South Africa.
BusinessConnect is the airline’s free mileage earning program for companies with between two and 50 business travellers which do not have an airline corporate contract.
The program is built on the same platform as its Etihad Guest frequent flyer scheme, allowing registered BusinessConnect customers to earn Etihad Guest miles every time one of their employees takes a flight, said a statement from the UAE airline.
The benefits of BusinessConnect include: the traveller earning Etihad Guest miles for themselves as normal, and in addition, his/her company earning a percentage of those miles as a bonus.
Etihad Guest miles can be earned on all Etihad Airways tickets, and there are no blackout periods when redeeming miles against upgrades, free flights, or the thousands of products from the Etihad Guest Reward Shop, it added.
Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, Peter Baumgartner, said: "We are delighted to be able to introduce the smartest and most rewarding loyalty scheme for small and medium sized enterprises to these new markets, targeted at companies which are looking for ways to optimise their travel spend whilst adding convenience and value to their business travel experience."
"Yet again, it is another demonstration of the added value we are bringing to corporate travel across the globe," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn