Maitha Al Mahrouqi
New cultural event to boost Oman tourism
Muscat, November 6, 2012
Oman’s Ministry of Tourism and Omran, a leading tourism and investment company, plan to launch a women-to-women cultural programme aiming to promote the city of Khasab as a destination for short breaks.
The programme, entitled Zaree - a CSR initiative developed by Omran, will operate from a dedicated room inside the historic Khasab Castle, a picturesque stronghold situated on the inner cove of Khasab Bay in Wilayat Khasab, Musandam Governorate.
Following the castle’s restoration with new interactive displays for learning about the region’s cultural heritage and environment, the castle was recently awarded Best International Museum Award by the UK Museums’ Association.
Maitha Al Mahrouqi, Undersecretary of the Oman Ministry of Tourism, said, “We are confident that this new cultural programme, Zaree, will become an iconic activity - especially among expatriate women’s groups coming from the UAE and cruise passengers. Zaree is a unique and immersive insight to Oman’s heritage, lifestyle and modernity from a woman’s perspective.”
Wael bin Ahmed Al Lawati, CEO of Omran said, “As an Omani company, we constantly endeavour to find creative ways to showcase our rich cultural heritage.”
“We do so directly through our core business of creating memorable tourism destinations and indirectly by supporting income generating programs that deliver long-term benefits to the local communities and the national economy. We are proud to be supporting Zaree as we believe in the program’s ability to connect cultures by highlighting Khasab’s rich culture, hospitality and lifestyle.”
The Ministry also announced plans to host regional travel trade and media representatives on a ‘Destination Khasab’ familiarisation trip which will run on November 8 and 9. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas