Etihad, TCA team up for Abu Dhabi push
Abu Dhabi, November 5, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, and Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) have launched a joint initiative to promote and sell the emirate as a leading leisure destination to the world.
‘Access Abu Dhabi’ gives international trade partners an entirely new opportunity to sell the emirate to their international client base, providing arguably one of the world’s most exciting new tourism ‘hotspots’.
The new programme, which is unique in its approach, will provide the opportunity for national and international trade partners to benefit from ‘Preferred Incentive Packages’ which will include dedicated marketing support, dedicated sales support, along with joint road-shows and familiarisation programmes.
At a time of rising interest in Abu Dhabi on the global arena, ‘Access Abu Dhabi’ gives inbound trade partners a one-stop solution to secure the best terms and support for their annual land and air arrangements to Abu Dhabi, the largest of the seven emirates in the UAE and home to the country’s capital.
TCA Abu Dhabi and Etihad Airways will work together with wholesalers and tour operator partners to provide fast and tailored solutions for the increasing opportunities for the expanding emirate.
‘Access Abu Dhabi’ provides marketing support from both TCA Abu Dhabi and Etihad Airways, who will work in partnership with many of the world’s leading destination management companies that service the UAE.
Mubarak Al Muhairi, director general, TCA Abu Dhabi, said: “This new product demonstrates our commitment to our important travel partners and to helping them develop the increasing opportunities held out by our expanding tourism infrastructure and proposition.”
James Hogan, president and chief executive officer of Etihad Airways, said: “This partnership further demonstrates our confidence that Abu Dhabi is recognized as an exciting travel destination – complete with world class hotels and attractions.
“We are proud to be coming together with TCA Abu Dhabi as close partners in this venture, showcasing Abu Dhabi and our airline to the world.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn