Etihad celebrates 9 years of operations
Abu Dhabi, November 5, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, marked nine years today at a ceremony held at its Abu Dhabi headquarters.
The airline’s chief commercial officer, Peter Baumgartner was joined by hundreds of staff as he cut the giant birthday cake, a statement from the airline company said.
“Etihad Airways has achieved significant growth since it took to the skies nine years ago. We look forward to many more years of safe operations, inspirational service and sustainable profitability.”
In its nine years of operation, Etihad Airways has built a global network of 86 passenger and cargo destinations across the Middle East, Africa, Australia, Europe, the Americas and Asia.
In total, the airline offers 327 global destinations with its 41 codeshare airline partners, including the four airlines in which it holds equity investments - airberlin, Air Seychelles, Virgin Australia and Aer Lingus. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion