Etihad celebrates 9 years of operations
Abu Dhabi, November 5, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, marked nine years today at a ceremony held at its Abu Dhabi headquarters.
The airline’s chief commercial officer, Peter Baumgartner was joined by hundreds of staff as he cut the giant birthday cake, a statement from the airline company said.
“Etihad Airways has achieved significant growth since it took to the skies nine years ago. We look forward to many more years of safe operations, inspirational service and sustainable profitability.”
In its nine years of operation, Etihad Airways has built a global network of 86 passenger and cargo destinations across the Middle East, Africa, Australia, Europe, the Americas and Asia.
In total, the airline offers 327 global destinations with its 41 codeshare airline partners, including the four airlines in which it holds equity investments - airberlin, Air Seychelles, Virgin Australia and Aer Lingus. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas