Emaar Hospitality appoints new GM
Dubai, November 5, 2012
Emaar Hospitality Group, the hospitality and leisure subsidiary of global developer Emaar, has appointed Stefan Viard as general manager of Al Manzil and Qamardeen Hotels.
Viard will be responsible for the overall operation of the two properties – from rooms to guest service – in addition to implementing and driving marketing goals.
The German-French born Viard brings a wealth of experience to his role, especially in the food and beverage division, having previously worked for leading international hotel and resort properties in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
“It’s an exciting task to be at the helm of these two hotels located in the heart of one of Dubai’s most vibrant tourist districts, Downtown Dubai, billed as ‘The Centre of Now.’ With Emaar Hospitality Group assuming the management of the two hotels, we have several new offerings in store for our guests. We will continue to uphold the key differentials, built on location, service and guest benefits, that have set apart Emaar’s hotel assets,” said Viard.
Viard was earlier hotel manager and acting general manager at The Address Dubai Mall, a premium property under Emaar Hospitality Group’s flagship brand, The Address Hotels + Resorts.
Bringing more than 14 years of international experience in the service and hospitality industry, Viard joined Emaar Hospitality Group in August 2008 as executive assistant manager, Food and Beverage for The Address Dubai Marina.
He is a fluent speaker of English, French and German and has extensive experience in leading multi-cultural teams. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s