Emaar Hospitality appoints new GM
Dubai, November 5, 2012
Emaar Hospitality Group, the hospitality and leisure subsidiary of global developer Emaar, has appointed Stefan Viard as general manager of Al Manzil and Qamardeen Hotels.
Viard will be responsible for the overall operation of the two properties – from rooms to guest service – in addition to implementing and driving marketing goals.
The German-French born Viard brings a wealth of experience to his role, especially in the food and beverage division, having previously worked for leading international hotel and resort properties in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
“It’s an exciting task to be at the helm of these two hotels located in the heart of one of Dubai’s most vibrant tourist districts, Downtown Dubai, billed as ‘The Centre of Now.’ With Emaar Hospitality Group assuming the management of the two hotels, we have several new offerings in store for our guests. We will continue to uphold the key differentials, built on location, service and guest benefits, that have set apart Emaar’s hotel assets,” said Viard.
Viard was earlier hotel manager and acting general manager at The Address Dubai Mall, a premium property under Emaar Hospitality Group’s flagship brand, The Address Hotels + Resorts.
Bringing more than 14 years of international experience in the service and hospitality industry, Viard joined Emaar Hospitality Group in August 2008 as executive assistant manager, Food and Beverage for The Address Dubai Marina.
He is a fluent speaker of English, French and German and has extensive experience in leading multi-cultural teams. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar