Dr Ali Kasapbashi
Bin Majid chief joins top hoteliers list
Dubai, October 31, 2012
Bin Majid Hotels, UAE’s leading hotel operator, has announced that Dr Ali Kasapbashi, Group general manager of Bin Majid Group, has been selected to join the list of 2012 Hotelier Middle East Power 50.
The list recognizes and celebrates the top 50 hotel professionals working in the Middle East hospitality industry.
Now on its fourth edition, the list this year is entirely dedicated to hotel operators for the first time. Dr Kasapbashi, a new entrant, shared the limelight with some of the well-known figures in the industry.
He said: “It is indeed an honour to be selected as one of Hotelier Middle East Power 50 for 2012. I am pleased that my contribution to the industry was recognized and to be sharing the honours with my friends and colleagues is already a big achievement.”
“The rankings in the Hotelier Middle East Power 50 are subjective and the opinion of the editorial team,” said Louise Oakley, the magazine’s editor.
“Decisions are made based upon portfolio and pipeline, activity over the past 12 months and plans for the coming year, along with the reputation of the individual among their peers and their dedication to developing the Middle East hospitality and tourism industry generally.”
The group general manager of Bin Majid Group has been in the hotel industry for 27 years and his goal is to have a hotel in each of the UAE’s seven emirates by 2014, a statement said.
Currently, Bin Majid Hotels, part of the Bin Majid Group has four properties in Ras Al Khaimah namely Bin Majid Beach Hotel, Bin Majid Beach Resort, Acacia Hotel and Mangrove Hotel. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline