RAK welcomes first Russian charter flight
Ras Al Khaimah, October 31, 2012
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAK TDA) recently welcomed the first Russian charter flight as part of an agreement that was signed with the Russian tour operator, Pegas Touristik.
The flights, which will operate until mid-May next year, are expected to bring an additional 6,000 visitors to the emirate, said top government officials.
One of the largest Russian tour operators, Pegas Touristik, said the flights have been launched in co-operation with Orenair & Nordwind Airlines, which has introduced one weekly charter flight from Syktyvkar and one weekly charter flight from Kemerovo.
The 187 passengers aboard the first Russian charter flight were received with a welcome gift and personally greeted by the RAK TDA team headed by its director Khalid Motiq.
Commenting on the service, Victor Louis, the chief operating officer for RAK Tourism Development Authority said: "Russia is one of the top five source markets for the emirate and this new direct charter flight service is a strategic step in achieving our goal of 1.2 million visitors by 2013."
"With its diverse landscape, rugged terrain and exclusive beach facilities, this affordable luxury destination offers the perfect getaway for visitors from Europe seeking an ultimate outdoor experience for leisure or adventure," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct