Qatar Airways to start Phnom Penh flights
Doha, October 25, 2012
Qatar Airways has announced plans to launch daily flights to the Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh from February next year, boosting its Asia Pacific network.
The airline will be the only Middle Eastern carrier to operate into Cambodia. The services will start on February 20 and the flights will operate via Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City.
Today’s announcement is Qatar Airways’ fourth new route announcement so far for 2013 with Gassim in Saudi Arabia, Najaf in Iraq and Chicago, the carrier’s fourth US gateway, launching between January and April, with further start-ups planned during the year.
Qatar Airways chief executive Akbar Al Baker said daily flights from Doha to Phnom Penh will provide increased travel opportunities for travellers from Europe, the Middle East and North America.
“As we continue our aggressive worldwide expansion programme, we are delighted to offer our customers a much awaited connection to one of Asia’s most popular and well-loved destinations,” he said.
Qatar Airways’ Doha – Phnom Penh route will be operated with an Airbus A330 in a two-class configuration of up to 248 seats in Economy and up to 36 in Business.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers