Qatar Airways to start Phnom Penh flights
Doha, October 25, 2012
Qatar Airways has announced plans to launch daily flights to the Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh from February next year, boosting its Asia Pacific network.
The airline will be the only Middle Eastern carrier to operate into Cambodia. The services will start on February 20 and the flights will operate via Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City.
Today’s announcement is Qatar Airways’ fourth new route announcement so far for 2013 with Gassim in Saudi Arabia, Najaf in Iraq and Chicago, the carrier’s fourth US gateway, launching between January and April, with further start-ups planned during the year.
Qatar Airways chief executive Akbar Al Baker said daily flights from Doha to Phnom Penh will provide increased travel opportunities for travellers from Europe, the Middle East and North America.
“As we continue our aggressive worldwide expansion programme, we are delighted to offer our customers a much awaited connection to one of Asia’s most popular and well-loved destinations,” he said.
Qatar Airways’ Doha – Phnom Penh route will be operated with an Airbus A330 in a two-class configuration of up to 248 seats in Economy and up to 36 in Business.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct