New appointment at Kuwait Marriott Hotels
Kuwait, October 21, 2012
Kuwait Marriott Hotels has welcomed Ahmad Shaban as its new cluster director of sales and marketing.
Shaban served as a former director of sales for two years for the Marriott Executive Apartments in Dubai Creek in 2007 before moving to Jordan to become cluster director of sales for the Jordan portfolio of the Intercontinental Hotel Group, spearheading sales efforts for their four properties in the country.
Shaban is renowned for his management and leadership skills where he has successfully grown the past teams from professional sales people to work with the understanding of real businessmen, a statement said.
His current ambitious plan involves building on the strengths of the Kuwait team to develop a solid platform that will serve the three units in Kuwait to its highest potential – The JW Marriott Kuwait City hotel, Courtyard by Marriott Kuwait City hotel and Arraya Ballroom, it said.
General manager of Kuwait Marriott Hotels, George Aoun said: “We are delighted to welcome back a very well-rounded and distinguished figure that has a strong and diverse background in the hospitality industry. We believe that Shaban will grow to new heights in our hotel and carry the brands name with it, to ultimately position it as the leading hospitality provider in Kuwait”. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: appointment |
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers