Etihad appoints new Qatar general manager
Abu Dhabi, October 21, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways has appointed Houssam Weiss as its general manager for Qatar.
Based in Doha, Weiss is responsible for the airline’s commercial activities, a statement from Etihad said.
He has worked in the airline industry for 17 years holding different managerial commercial positions for Swiss International Airlines, Air, Gulf Air and Emirates Airlines in the Middle East and UK.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “Weiss has a wealth of experience working for Arabian Gulf carriers and has an in depth understanding of the Qatari market.”
The appointment coincides with the airline’s recently launched freighter operation from Abu Dhabi to Doha, the statement said.
Etihad Airways operates 26 weekly Airbus A319, A320 and A330 passenger services between the two Arab capitals. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return