Etihad appoints new Qatar general manager
Abu Dhabi, October 21, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways has appointed Houssam Weiss as its general manager for Qatar.
Based in Doha, Weiss is responsible for the airline’s commercial activities, a statement from Etihad said.
He has worked in the airline industry for 17 years holding different managerial commercial positions for Swiss International Airlines, Air, Gulf Air and Emirates Airlines in the Middle East and UK.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “Weiss has a wealth of experience working for Arabian Gulf carriers and has an in depth understanding of the Qatari market.”
The appointment coincides with the airline’s recently launched freighter operation from Abu Dhabi to Doha, the statement said.
Etihad Airways operates 26 weekly Airbus A319, A320 and A330 passenger services between the two Arab capitals. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc