Emirates realigns managers
Dubai, October 18, 2012
Emirates is conducting a reshuffle of some of its UAE national senior managers to broaden experience and streamline commercial operations, the airline said.
Adil Al Ghaith will become responsible for Bahrain, in addition to his existing portfolio as vice president of Saudi Arabia. Reema Al Marzooqi, manager Bahrain, will now report to him. This is a result of the very close relationship between the two customer markets, a statement said.
Abbas A Haji will be posted as vice president, Iran & Central Asia, moving from his current position of vice president, cargo commercial development.
Mustafa Al Jabri will be posted as manager Tunisia, moving from his current country manager position in Iran. In March 2012, Emirates upgraded its frequency and aircraft serving Tunis to become a daily service with an Airbus A340-500.
Omar Al Banna will become manager Jordan, moving from a similar position in Tunisia. Emirates has been flying double daily to Jordan since October 1, boosting accessibility to one of the most popular tourism destinations in the Middle East.
The management changes take effect from November 1. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa