New GM for Ritz-Carlton Dubai
Dubai, October 17, 2012
Accomplished hotelier Raul Salcido has joined The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai team as its new general manager.
Salcido brings over 19 years of international and brand experience to the property and the market, said a statement.
Salcido arrives in the UAE from a three-year stint as general manager at iconic flagship property, The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco.
A graduate of the University of Puebla, Mexico, he also holds a Master Certificate in Hospitality Management from Cornell University. He began his professional career at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, Mexico, in 1993 and worked his way up to senior management level and general manager.
Fresh to the Gulf region, he joins the hotel ahead of the unveiling of the hotel’s new inventory in early 2013
“Under Raul’s leadership, we look forward to marking the next corporate milestone on the road to ongoing success in the region. As the first hotel under The Ritz-Carlton banner in the Gulf, this property has enjoyed a long and distinguished presence which is set to continue as we expand our current product,” said Pascal Duchauffour, vice president Europe & Middle East of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers