Etihad plans codeshare with Indonesia's Garuda
Abu Dhabi, October 17, 2012
Abu Dhabi flag carrier Etihad Airways will announce a codeshare agreement with Indonesian airline Garuda, under which the two airlines will share flights, a source familiar with deal said on Wednesday.
The source declined to be named before the announcement and an Etihad spokesman said he could not comment.
Etihad had said in a brief emailed statement that it would sign a partnership agreement with Garuda on Thursday, but it gave no details of the deal.
Chief executive James Hogan and his Garuda counterpart Emirsyah Satar will sign the agreement in Abu Dhabi, Etihad said.
Earlier this year, Etihad sealed a codeshare deal with Air France-KLM. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest