Etihad plans codeshare with Indonesia's Garuda
Abu Dhabi, October 17, 2012
Abu Dhabi flag carrier Etihad Airways will announce a codeshare agreement with Indonesian airline Garuda, under which the two airlines will share flights, a source familiar with deal said on Wednesday.
The source declined to be named before the announcement and an Etihad spokesman said he could not comment.
Etihad had said in a brief emailed statement that it would sign a partnership agreement with Garuda on Thursday, but it gave no details of the deal.
Chief executive James Hogan and his Garuda counterpart Emirsyah Satar will sign the agreement in Abu Dhabi, Etihad said.
Earlier this year, Etihad sealed a codeshare deal with Air France-KLM. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley