Wyndham Grand Manama to open next year
Manama, October 15, 2012
The new five-star Wyndham Grand Manama hotel is expected to open by the end of next year with more than 260 guest rooms in Bahrain Bay area.
Wyndham Hotel Group has signed an agreement with Cooperation Investment House (CIH) to manage the hotel in its prestigious landmark 50-storey building.
The $250 million project will include commercial office spaces and approximately 1,300 car parking spaces. The investment in the hotel project itself will total $150 million.
The project will cover a plot area of 4,500 sq m and the total built up area will be 120,000 sq m.
Wyndham Grand will cover 14 floors of the mixed-use development. Rooms will range from 46 m to 120 sq m. Complemented by indoor and outdoor infinity swimming pools and separate health clubs for men and women, the development will also include five food and beverage outlets catering to a variety of tastes.
It will also have 500 sq m (nearly 5,400 sq ft) of meeting space and a 900 sq m ballroom on the building’s top floor, offering stunning sea views.
“This is an incredibly dynamic and exciting development,” said Bani Haddad, regional vice president Middle East & Africa, Wyndham Hotel Group. “Each Wyndham Grand hotel takes in some of the flavour of its destination and this modern, cosmopolitan setting will be reflected in the hotel along with historical Bahraini influences. It is a fantastic setting and a great property for this distinguished collection.”
Bahrain Bay Development is a $2.5 billion waterfront district designed around vibrant neighbourhoods of residential, commercial and retail spaces.
Set in this unique new development, the Wyndham Grand Manama will face the World Trade Centre, just a short distance from Bahrain Financial Harbour, making it well placed to cater to business as well as leisure travellers.
“We are delighted and honoured to work with Wyndham Hotel Group on the first Wyndham Grand Hotel in Bahrain,” said Ahmed Al Qaed, managing director, CIH. “By combining the Wyndham brand’s authentic hospitality and high-quality service with modern corporate office spaces in one magnificent development at this prime location, we believe we are creating the best tourist and business destination this area will offer.”
Abdulla Al Doseri, deputy chief executive officer of Bahrain Bay, said Wyndham will be a terrific addition to the prestigious location.
The main contractor for the project is Ahmed Al Qaed Construction and the project architect is Aref Sadeq Design Consultants. The hotel is designed by DWP.
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company with over 7,170 hotels and part of Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. –TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers