Jumeirah announces key sales appointments
Dubai, October 13, 2012
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, has announced several key appointments for its sales and marketing team.
Christian Hellot has been named as director of sales & marketing for Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, the arts and lifestyle Dubai hotel. Prior to this, Christian worked for Intercontinental Hotels where he held the post of regional VP of sales and marketing for their properties in Florida and Beverly Hills.
Christian began his career in sales in 1992 with JW Marriott in Los Angeles; he then relocated to Dubai in 2008 with Sofitel as pre-opening director of sales and marketing with their Jumeirah beach property, before being promoted within the Accor group to cluster director of sales and marketing in 2011.
In Rome, Loredana Brescia is the new director of sales & marketing for Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. Loredana has 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry.
Prior to joining Jumeirah, Loredana was the director of sales & marketing for NH Lingotto in Turin. She has also worked for Le Meridien and Forte Village Resort in Turin, Rome and Sardinia, and for various tour operators around the world.
An Italian national, she is fluent in English, French and Spanish. In her role, Loredana will oversee all marketing, sales and public relations activities for the hotel in Rome
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait has announced the appointment of Stephane de Robien as the director of sales & marketing. A French national, Stephane has 20 years of sales and marketing experience for luxury hotels.
He started his career with Forte Hotels in Paris then worked as director of sales & marketing for several luxury
resorts on the French Riviera, including the Negresco in Nice from 2004 until 2008.
In 2009, he launched the Garrigae Resorts brand in Southern France; then was appointed Group director of sales & marketing for Palmeraie Hotels & Resorts, a Moroccan luxury resort group based in Marrakech.
Prior to joining Jumeirah, he was director of sales & marketing for Melia Hotels International in charge of Opening Melia Zanzibar.
Grosvenor House Apartments by Jumeirah Living in London has appointed Steve Thorne as director of sales & marketing. A British national with over 20 years of experience in the hotel, lettings and serviced residence sectors, Steve brings a wealth of experience to the role.
Prior to his appointment, Steve held numerous senior leadership positions at high-profile global residence operators such as Oakwood, IHG and Ascott.
Steve will be tasked with further developing the sales & marketing strategy for this new and unique concept in serviced apartments in London.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan