Air Arabia to launch Basra flights
Sharjah, October 8, 2012
Leading low-cost carrier in the Middle East, Air Arabia, has announced the launch of flights to Basra, its third destination in Iraq, starting November 4.
The airline will offer three weekly services between Sharjah and Basra. The new city marks Air Arabia’s 79th destination worldwide.
“We are pleased to announce the launch of our services to Basra, our third destination in Iraq after Najaf and Erbil. This step reflects the commitment we place on serving the Iraqi market,” said Adel Ali, the group CEO of Air Arabia.
“This new service will further strengthen our current flights to Iraq and offer customers wider choices of affordable air travel; and at the same time contribute to the trade and tourism ties between the UAE and Iraq.”
Located in the Southern Iraq, Basra is the second largest city in Iraq after the capital Baghdad. The city is known for its large petroleum resources and fertile agriculture region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June