Air Arabia to launch Basra flights
Sharjah, October 8, 2012
Leading low-cost carrier in the Middle East, Air Arabia, has announced the launch of flights to Basra, its third destination in Iraq, starting November 4.
The airline will offer three weekly services between Sharjah and Basra. The new city marks Air Arabia’s 79th destination worldwide.
“We are pleased to announce the launch of our services to Basra, our third destination in Iraq after Najaf and Erbil. This step reflects the commitment we place on serving the Iraqi market,” said Adel Ali, the group CEO of Air Arabia.
“This new service will further strengthen our current flights to Iraq and offer customers wider choices of affordable air travel; and at the same time contribute to the trade and tourism ties between the UAE and Iraq.”
Located in the Southern Iraq, Basra is the second largest city in Iraq after the capital Baghdad. The city is known for its large petroleum resources and fertile agriculture region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand