Tourism 'vital for projecting cultures'
Manama, September 28, 2012
His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Deputy of His Majesty King Hamad and Crown Prince, stressed the role of tourism in projecting civilisations and cultures.
His remarks came as he received at Riffa Palace Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities president and chairman Prince Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud who is here to attend a Culture Ministry ceremony at Bab Al Bahrain to mark World Tourism Day.
The Deputy King highlighted the importance of the tourism industry as a catalyst for economic growth and hailed Prince Sultan for promoting culture and tourism.
Prince Sultan praised Bahrain's programmes to preserve its culture. Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa attended.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief