Rotana Jet starts Abu Dhabi-Fujairah service
Abu Dhabi, September 20, 2012
UAE’s first domestic carrier, Rotana Jet, yesterday commenced its new service between Abu Dhabi International Airport and Fujairah, making it the third destination launched by the airline this year.
Upon departure from Abu Dhabi International Airport and landing in Fujairah International Airport the aircraft received a traditional water cannon salute, followed by a welcome at Fujairah International airport for all passengers on-board the first flight from Abu Dhabi, a statement from Rotana said.
The airline’s commercial and planning director Rajendran Vellapalath led an international and local media delegation onboard the Embraer ERJ 145 flight from Abu Dhabi to Fujairah.
The delegation was officially welcomed at Fujairah International Airport by Mohamed Alsalami, the chairman of Fujairah Department of Civil Aviation; Ahmed Khalifa Al Shamsi, the chairman of Fujairah Tourism Authority; Mohammed Saif Al Askham, director of Fujairah Municipality; and Khaled Al Jassim, director of Fujairah Chamber of Commerce.
“This is a key moment for Rotana Jet. Today marks a very special occasion as we celebrate our arrival into Fujairah that shows enormous potential and growth,” Vellapalath said. “With the introduction of Rotana Jet flight to Fujairah, the people of East Coast are now able to connect Abu Dhabi two times a day; either to do their business, or for short breaks or to connect on one of the several International flights departing from Abu Dhabi International Airport.”
“On September 26, we will be connecting Al Ain with Abu Dhabi. Rotana Jet remains committed to connecting destinations that are underserved and have a market potential. Fujairah is an example of this and we will continue our expansion by adding other emirates to our network,” he said.
“I am pleased to welcome the Rotana Jet service to Fujairah, improving our connectivity to the world. Fujairah’s strategic location and economic development will be enhanced by Rotana Jet’s commitment to Fujairah and I am both hopeful and confident of our joint success,” Alsalami said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers