Saudia to fly 800,000 Haj pilgrims
Riyadh, September 17, 2012
Saudi Arabian Airlines will transport more than 800,000 Haj pilgrims from 102 destinations around the world this year, a report said.
“We are working in accordance with the government’s directives to ensure the pilgrims’ comfort and remove obstacles facing them,”Abdul Aziz Al-Hazmi, the airline’s deputy director general, was quoted as saying in the Arab News report.
He was speaking after presiding over a meeting of the Council of Airline Companies. The council would work on facilitating the arrival and departure of pilgrims, he said.
More than 1.8 million foreign pilgrims are expected to perform Haj this year. Some one million domestic pilgrims will join them.
He said Saudia plans to rent 30 aircraft of varying sizes to transport Haj pilgrims from different countries.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments