Saudia to fly 800,000 Haj pilgrims
Riyadh, September 17, 2012
Saudi Arabian Airlines will transport more than 800,000 Haj pilgrims from 102 destinations around the world this year, a report said.
“We are working in accordance with the government’s directives to ensure the pilgrims’ comfort and remove obstacles facing them,”Abdul Aziz Al-Hazmi, the airline’s deputy director general, was quoted as saying in the Arab News report.
He was speaking after presiding over a meeting of the Council of Airline Companies. The council would work on facilitating the arrival and departure of pilgrims, he said.
More than 1.8 million foreign pilgrims are expected to perform Haj this year. Some one million domestic pilgrims will join them.
He said Saudia plans to rent 30 aircraft of varying sizes to transport Haj pilgrims from different countries.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest