Etihad appoints new GM for Philippines
Abu Dhabi, September 11, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the appointment of John Evans as its new general manager for the Philippines.
Evans has more than 35 years of experience in airline operations including senior management roles at Swissair and Gulf Air in the UK and Thailand, a statement from the airline said. He has transferred to the Manila-based position from Cyprus, where he was Etihad Airways’ general manager for the past year.
Peter Baumgartner, chief commercial officer of Etihad Airways, said: “Evans brings to the role a great depth of international sales and general management experience that will guide the next phase of our growth in the Philippines market.
“The Abu Dhabi-Manila route is one of the most important in Etihad Airways' network and provides a vital trade, tourism and cultural link between the UAE, GCC and the Philippines.”
Evans reports to Lindsay White, Etihad Airways’ vice president for Asia Pacific South and Australasia, the statement said.
Etihad Airways commenced services to the Philippines in February 2006. Today, the airline operates 14 services a week to Manila with a mixed fleet of Boeing B777 and Airbus A330-200 aircraft configured in two classes – Pearl Business and Coral Economy. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal