Etihad appoints new GM for Philippines
Abu Dhabi, September 11, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the appointment of John Evans as its new general manager for the Philippines.
Evans has more than 35 years of experience in airline operations including senior management roles at Swissair and Gulf Air in the UK and Thailand, a statement from the airline said. He has transferred to the Manila-based position from Cyprus, where he was Etihad Airways’ general manager for the past year.
Peter Baumgartner, chief commercial officer of Etihad Airways, said: “Evans brings to the role a great depth of international sales and general management experience that will guide the next phase of our growth in the Philippines market.
“The Abu Dhabi-Manila route is one of the most important in Etihad Airways' network and provides a vital trade, tourism and cultural link between the UAE, GCC and the Philippines.”
Evans reports to Lindsay White, Etihad Airways’ vice president for Asia Pacific South and Australasia, the statement said.
Etihad Airways commenced services to the Philippines in February 2006. Today, the airline operates 14 services a week to Manila with a mixed fleet of Boeing B777 and Airbus A330-200 aircraft configured in two classes – Pearl Business and Coral Economy. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall