InterCon to open hotel at Dubai Marina
Dubai, September 9, 2012
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), the world’s largest hotel group in terms of number of rooms, has sealed an agreement with property developer Select Group to open its new hotel at Dubai Marina.
This will be the third InterContinental property in the UAE after InterContinental Abu Dhabi and InterContinental Dubai Festival City, said the IHG in its statement.
Part of the Bay Central development in the cosmopolitan Marina area, the new IHG development will offer rooms as well as residential suites for longer staying guests.
Due to open next year, the hotel is located within walking distance of the popular Jumeirah Beach Residences’ (JBR) beach and in direct views over the water at the Marina, said Dubai-based developer Select Group.
Featuring 132 hotel rooms and 196 InterContinental Residential Suites, including studios, one, two, three and four bedroom apartments, the hotel will also be home to eight food and beverage outlets, including restaurants, bars and a 600 sq m night club.
As well as top dining experience, guests will also be able to enjoy an InterContinental spa, health club and outdoor swimming pool and pool deck.
For the business traveller the hotel will offer a suite of facilities, including a boardroom and eight meeting rooms, the largest of which will accommodate 100 people, it added.
Speaking at the signing ceremony, Rahail Aslam, the chairman of Select Group said, 'The Bay Central development has plenty to boast about, from being positioned right at the heart of the Dubai Marina to the magnificent views that the three towers here offer.'
'The InterContinental brand completes the development’s offering perfectly and we trust that IHG will deliver the quality of service and high standard of operations that they are renowned for,' he added.
Pascal Gauvin, the chief operating officer for IHG India and MEA said, 'The Dubai Marina is a fantastic hub of activity for guests looking to experience everything Dubai has to offer. It’s close to big shopping malls as well as one of Dubai’s most popular beaches.'
'The InterContinental Dubai Marina will perfectly complement its sister hotel in the city, InterContinental Dubai Festival City, and we are looking forward to opening the hotel by the end of next year,' he added.
There are 170 InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in more than 60 countries around the world, with an additional 58 hotels in the global development pipeline.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth