Rotana Jet expands domestic network
Abu Dhabi, September 9, 2012
Rotana Jet, a provider of executive charter and scheduled airline services, has announced the launch of double daily services to Fujairah, Al Ain, Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah from Abu Dhabi International Airport.
This comes just three months after it launched the first domestic scheduled flight in UAE to Sir Bani Yas and Dalma Island.
Effective September 19, Rotana Jet will be operating two flights a day between Abu Dhabi International airport and Fujairah. Double Daily Flights to Al Ain will commence on September 26 and flights to Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah and Ruwais will follow. These routes will be operated by Embraer ERJ145 aircraft with 50 seats featuring 31-inch seat pitch.
Dr Sheikh Ahmed bin Saif Al‐Nahyan, chairman of Rotana Jet, said: “Air connectivity is a key component of any country’s development. At Rotana Jet, we are committed in developing a safe, reliable, and efficient air transport connecting the various emirates of UAE with the capital to improve easy accessibility both domestically and internationally. This will facilitate greater and more equitable benefits for tourism growth as well.”
“In today’s world the consumers travel behavior have changed rapidly. They are looking for quicker, comfortable and more efficient ways of reaching from one place to another without spending much time.
“At Rotana ـJet, we believe that we have a contributory role in facilitating this and the announcement of our double daily flights to Fujairah, Al Ain, Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah from Abu Dhabi International Airport is just a beginning,” he added.
Ali Majed Al Mansoori, chairman of Abu Dhabi Airports Company (Adac), said: “Adac sees the necessity of connecting the capital’s airport with the other key airports across the Emirates to further develop connectivity not only for Abu Dhabi but for the whole of the UAE. As one of the fastest growing airports around the world, with the launch of Rotana Jet domestic flights Abu Dhabi International Airport is once more providing high-end, efficient service to meet the needs of its diverse customers.”
Double daily Flights to and from Fujairah, Al Ain, Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah will connect to international flights out of Abu Dhabi International airport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn