600 experts for Iata symposium
Abu Dhabi, September 4, 2012
More than 600 key air transport stakeholders from airlines, supply chains and governments are expected to take part in an upcoming symposium organised by the International Air Transport Association (Iata) in Abu Dhabi.
The second World Passenger Symposium will be held from October 16 to 18 at the Jumeirah at Etihad Towers Hotel.
The theme of the event – Innovate Together - will follow twin tracks on the passenger experience and revenue generation, with sessions encompassing the latest on distribution, security, ancillary revenues, baggage handling improvements, revenue management, and IT.
In addition to keynote speeches from James Hogan, president and CEO of lead sponsor Etihad Airways, and Tony Tyler, director general and CEO of Iata, the CEO panel of the World Passenger Symposium is drawn from leading aviation, regulatory and academic figures.
There will be a press conference with Tyler on October 16. A press briefing from Iata senior vice president for Industry Distribution and Financial Services Aleks Popovich will conclude the symposium. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand