Etihad suspends flights to Damascus
Abu Dhabi, August 31, 2012
Etihad Airways, one of the UAE's flag carriers, said on Thursday it had suspended flights to Damascus until further notice because of security concerns.
"The decision, while not taken lightly, has been made due to the deteriorating security position in Syria," a statement by the airline said.
The website of the UAE's another airline, Emirates, says flights to Damascus remain operational. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return