Etihad suspends flights to Damascus
Abu Dhabi, August 31, 2012
Etihad Airways, one of the UAE's flag carriers, said on Thursday it had suspended flights to Damascus until further notice because of security concerns.
"The decision, while not taken lightly, has been made due to the deteriorating security position in Syria," a statement by the airline said.
The website of the UAE's another airline, Emirates, says flights to Damascus remain operational. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief