Dubai launches new drive to woo tourists
Dubai, July 9, 2012
The Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing in Dubai has launched a 107-day initiative themed ‘Dubai, my destination this summer’ as part of its strategy to attract more tourists from across the globe into the emirate this summer.
The ‘Enjoy more in Dubai’ drive, which runs till September 30, is aimed at boosting up external tourism, promote the main recreational activities in Dubai during summer, attract more tourists from all the Gulf, Arab and foreign countries, and provide large discounts on hotel rates, restaurants and entertainment venues, said a DTCM official.
'This initiative, along with other planned activities in this month, will increase the capacity of the hotels and furnished apartments here during Ramadan,' explained Iyad Abdel-Rahman, the executive director of Media Relations and Business Development at the DTCM.
The project, which was launched on May 20, sees the participation of 77 hotels, resorts and furnished apartments which provide their customers with large discounts on recreation and leisure activities.
“The DTCM has printed 40,000 copies of two complimentary voucher booklets which include discounts ranging between 10 and 50 per cent in more than 80 shops and restaurants,' said Abdel-Rahman.
'The high quality booklets contain all the valuable information and facts much tourists need to best enjoy their visit to Dubai, have more fun, and above and beyond to promote the emirate as due.'
The department, in collaboration with the Emirates Airlines, is offering large discounts to Dubai visitors during the 75 days left,” he added.
Under this scheme, all tourists and their family members will enjoy a 50 per cent discount on the air tickets for two children under the age of 12 on Emirates Airlines.
“The two toddlers and their families will also enjoy a free accommodation and good discounts on family hotel rooms,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn