Dubai Festival City names raffle winner
Dubai, July 1, 2012
Festival Centre Dubai Festival City, a strategic partner of the 15th edition of shopping and entertainment event Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS), has announced the winner of its second weekly draw.
UAE national Shaikha Al Mutawa won Dh50,000 ($13,612) worth of Festival Centre gift vouchers at Summer Games ‘Be a Winner!’ promotion running from June 14 to July 14.
For every Dh150 spent at any of Festival Centre stores, shoppers are entitled to enter the weekly and grand prize raffle draws.
Throughout the remaining weeks of DSS, two lucky shoppers will grab the weekly Dh50,000 prize worth of DFC gift vouchers while the grand prizes will still be awaiting two other lucky winners, each to walk away with a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, upon DSS closing. The two remaining weekly draws will take place on July 5 and 12 and the grand prize draw will take place on July 15.
Bernice Boshoff, general manager Festival Centre, Dubai Festival City said: “Festival Centre is renowned for offering unrivalled choices to shoppers during DSS. The promotion and prizes coupled with the Olympic themed activities designed for this year’s DSS are incredibly entertaining to mall shoppers from all ages.”
The Festival Centre DSS calendar of events carries on and visitors will have the chance to witness internationally acclaimed Football free style artist Victor Rubilar perform his football tricks until July 3.
Victor Rubilar Football Tricks will take over Festival Centre’s South Court during the second and third week of DSS. The master at the sport is a much sought after freestyle artist and has performed in 158 cities across 41 countries over the last eight years.
Rubilar balances and spins the ball on his forehead, makes it leap from one shoulder to another, as would a bird hop from one tree branch to another.
On the third week of DSS, Festival Centre visitors will also have the unique opportunity to witness the Red Bull Street Style global Football competition by the best Football freestylers from around the UAE.
They will also be mesmerized by the Charlie Chaplin Tap Dance shows in which Chaplin and his dancers will perform with the rhythmical toes and heels metal tapping shoes.
Families and kids are enjoying Festival Centre 2012 Summer Games with the sporting competitions and tournaments including football, tennis, basketball, hockey, volleyball, trampoline, rowing, rhythmic gymnastics, high jump & flipper races as well as the McDonald Face Painting, Olympic Art & Crafts workshops and sporty Video Gaming Zone. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport