Jumeirah opens new Creekside Hotel
Dubai, July 1, 2012
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, has announced the soft opening of its ninth Dubai-based property, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.
The new Creekside Hotel is the latest addition to the Jumeirah portfolio of luxury hotels and resorts, said a company statement.
Welcoming its first guests on Sunday (July 1), the luxury hospitality group said from the start of 2011 to the end of 2012, Jumeirah Group will have more than doubled the number of hotels it manages and almost quadrupled the number of countries in which it operates.
In the coming six months, Jumeirah expects to open Jumeirah Bilgah Beach Hotel in Baku, Azerbaijan and Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa, Kuwait, it added.
Located at the heart of ‘Old Dubai’ and overlooking the Dubai Creek, the new hotel is minutes away from the airport and within walking distance of some of the city’s most important landmarks and shopping centres, said Jumeirah in its statement.
Adjacent to the hotel is the city’s famous ‘Aviation Club’, a sports and leisure complex home to the award winning Akaru Spa and the Dubai Tennis championships as well as the Irish and Century Village.
"Bringing together a fusion of contemporary design and distinct architectural features, with exposed concrete walls, high glass ceilings, culturally inspired carpet designs and a glass bottomed infinity pool overlooking the lobby, the new hotel boasts of 292 spacious rooms and suites; a unique collection of 480 pieces of art; six restaurants and bars and 26 meeting rooms - including a dedicated press room; screening room; meeting academy and ballroom."
Housing a museum-quality art collection that has been specially commissioned for the property, the hotel is committed to providing a fresh perspective on Middle Eastern Contemporary Art - showcasing it throughout the hotel and its grounds allowing guests to connect, engage and experience a great selection of artwork during their stay, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Hilton opens first Makkah hotel tower
- Movenpick offers limousines with wifi