Jazeera sees ME market share growth
Kuwait, June 30, 2012
Kuwait-based budget carrier Jazeera Airways said it had once again captured a leading market share on most of its routes including Alexandria, Amman, Assiut, Luxor and Sharm El Sheikh.
The airline was also the leader in on-time performance in the Mena region as per FlightStats, the global flight and trip tracker, which scored the airline at 96.52 per cent in on-time performance for the month, Jazeera said in its April 2012 operational performance report issued today based on data from Kuwait’s Directorate General for Civil Aviation (DGCA).
According to the report, Jazeera was the leading airline between Kuwait and Amman, and between Kuwait and five Egyptian cities: Alexandria, Assiut, Luxor, Sharm El Sheikh and Sohag.
The airline said it had captured a 26 per cent market share on Kuwait-Cairo route, registering an all-time high growth since it first launched operations on this route in May last year.
Its share on the Kuwait-Amman route during the month rose to 40 per cent, while on the Alexandria sector it netted 35 per cent share, on Assiut route (47 per cent) on Luxor route (64 per cent), on Sharm El Sheikh route (56 per cent) and a 39 per cent market share on Sohag route.
The report also showed that the airline was the leading Kuwaiti airline on routes between Kuwait and Beirut, Bahrain and Dubai.
Jazeera Airways grabbed a 37 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Beirut route, 12 per cent on Bahrain route, and a 16 per cent on Dubai route, the report added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return