Bahrain fest gears up for third week
Manama, June 28, 2012
The ongoing Bahrain Summer Festival has drawn up a variety of entertaining activities and shows as the event enters its third week.
This week will continue to feature the Wooden Circus by Karromato, which draws on classic 19th century music and the traditions of the European Marionette Theatre including a combination of acrobats, exotic animals and clowns in a one-of-a-kind fashion.
The show which commenced on June 27 will continue to run daily shows at Nakhool City until June 30.
Music lovers can look forward to witnessing a live concert by the award-winning musician and maestro, Omar Faruk Tekbilek, who will showcase his unique approach towards Middle Eastern music.
A multi-instrumentalist, his musical art is deeply rooted in tradition, but has been influenced by contemporary sounds and is expected to take the audience into a world of mysticism, folklore and romance. This one day event is scheduled for June 30.
This week’s activities will culminate with Qusai, the first Arab Hip Hop artist and pioneering Saudi rapper who is set to take the centre stage accompanied by a traditional Bahraini Laiwa.
The show will also include great performances by two Bahraini rappers, DJ Outlaw and Flipperachi. The show is scheduled to take place on July 3 at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
Organised by the Ministry of Culture, this year the festival’s programme falls in line with the diverse and innovative year-long programme of Manama, the Capital of Arab Culture 2012, and will run up to July 15. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers