SpiceJet launches Dubai operations
Dubai, June 27, 2012
Indian low-cost carrier, SpiceJet, has announced the launch of its Dubai operations with daily flights to Delhi and Mumbai, as part of its continuing strategic expansion into international markets.
Senior officials of the airline said they were working on opening up more new routes to offer a wider choice of flights to customers.
“Opening up Dubai is a milestone for us as it will offer us an opportunity to serve the large Indian and Western expatriate community along with the UAE citizens with an affordable flying option,” said SpiceJet CEO Neil Mills.
“Dubai is a key destination and connecting to this bustling cosmopolitan city will also add more value to our global prospects as the emirate’s busy airport is a corridor to Europe and Asia for global passengers,” he said.
SpiceJet currently operates in two international routes – Delhi-Kathmandu and Chennai-Colombo and Dubai is the third global destination of the airline.
In the Indian domestic market, SpiceJet connects 34 points with a fleet of 42 aircraft carrying over 40,000 passengers a day.
Salah Sharaf, chairman of Sharaf Travel, general sales agent of SpiceJet, UAE, said: “We are delighted that SpiceJet has chosen Dubai as their third international destination. We are very proud to be associated with the quality airline which has renowned reputation for its customer satisfaction and punctuality, we have no doubt that SpiceJet will spice up our market and win over support of traveling public.' – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers