Technical fault delays India flight 4 hours
Manama, June 25, 2012
A total of 152 Air India Express passengers travelling to India were stranded at the Bahrain International Airport for more than four hours due to a technical fault last night.
The flight, which was scheduled to depart at 6.45pm for Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, was reportedly on the runway when the electricity went off and was unable to take off.
Passengers were taken back to the terminal, while engineers worked to fix the problem.
'My wife was already in the aircraft when suddenly the electricity went off and they were told that they will have to get off the plane for the necessary procedures,' said Joy George.
Airline officials confirmed the delay was a technical problem and said its engineers were working to solve it.
Bahrain International Airport officials said the delay was caused by a minor technical fault. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand