German Rail pass extension for ME tourists
Dubai, June 13, 2012
Rail Europe, a leading distributor of train tickets and rail passes in the world, in co-ordination with Deutsche Bahn, has announced an extension of the German Rail Pass for travellers from the Middle East.
With the new German Rail Pass extension, tourists will only benefit from unlimited travel in Germany, but they can also now travel beyond borders to some selected popular destinations, using trains and buses operated by Deutsche Bahn.
Since the trains go everywhere in Germany, there’s no easier or more convenient way to visit the country, said Deutsche Bahn which operates modern and comfortable trains on 34 000 km of rail network.
The pass extension will benefit Middle East tourists travelling to Brussels on ICE International trains; Prague on DB Expressbus from Munich and Nuremberg; Austria (Kufstein and Innsbruck) on DB-ÖBB Eurocity Trains and Italy (Bolzzano/Bozen, Verona, Bologna and Venice) on DB-ÖBB Eurocity trains.
The German Rail Pass, available for 183 euros ($229), is the best option as the ticketholders can travel freely on all trains, said a statement from Rail Europe.
The price for a German Rail Pass Extension costs as low as 39 euros in the second class and 69e in the first class.
The pass, which offers customers the flexibility to travel from 3 to 10 days within a month, also includes bonuses and discounts which can be used for tours and boat trips, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand