Top UAE barista to vie for global glory
Dubai, June 11, 2012
The winner of the third UAE Barista Championship is all set to display his skills at the three-day World Barista Championship that opens tomorrow (June 12) in Vienna.
Matt Toogood was crowned UAE champion last year after he beat 21 of the UAE’s top baristas during the UAE Barista Championship that was held as part of the 2011 Middle East Coffee & Tea Convention, the only dedicated event for the coffee and tea industry in the Arab World.
Last year saw a new class of competitors from across the UAE come together to battle for the coveted title.
Ryan Godinho, national co-coordinator and the organiser of the Middle East Coffee & Tea Convention, said: “We are really excited about Matt Toogood’s prospects in Vienna. We had the opportunity to closely watch his skills and determination at the UAE Barista Championship last year when he certainly raised the bar for other contestants."
“The UAE was placed 46th in the last two editions of the world championship but this year we are confident of a better showing with the talented Toogood representing UAE at the event.”
This will be the third year that the UAE is being represented at the prestigious championship.
The UAE Barista Championship will once again be a major highlight of the International Coffee & Tea Festival that will be held from October 30 to November 2 at the Meydan Grandstand and Convention Centre, Dubai.
Over 30 of the UAE’s best baristas will display their coffee making and service skills on stage, in front of an audience comprising of coffee enthusiasts and professionals from across the region and the world. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June