RAK ropes in top director for promotion film
Ras Al Khaimah, June 7, 2012
Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA) has partnered with an award winning director for a new movie that provides a glimpse of the rising emirate’s history and activities covering rich culture and heritage.
The film also offers a feel of the destination besides introducing local traditions, diverse landscape, natural beauty and wildlife together with different adventure and sports activities, shopping malls and exclusive hotels and resorts.
The Dh1.2 million ($326,722) movie was made by the Ras Al Khaimah TDA in successful collaboration with the South African director Jacques Mulder, the winner of the Abu Dhabi Film Commission (ADFC) award.
Mulder, who belonged to Mudville Production, had trained and worked in the US, UK, France and South Africa before heading to the Middle East in 2000. The very next year, he was selected by Abu Dhabi Film Commission (ADFC) among potential candidates to receive the award for best screenplay.
With more than 18 years directing TV commercials, music videos, documentaries, short movies, Mulder was the right candidate to head the Dh1.2 million movie showcasing this rising emirate.
Victor Louis, COO of Ras Al Khaimah TDA said, “We are happy to work together with an exclusive movie director like Mulder, who was successfully able to convey our message to visitors exploring the emirate as its best, showing the friendly environment, the relaxing atmosphere and warm Arabian hospitality that makes our destination unique.”
Located only 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport with 64 km of shoreline, Ras Al Khaimah offers a leisure, adventure and affordable luxury experience to its visitors with a variety of entertainment and relaxation facilities including international hotels & resorts, exclusive cuisines and world-class spas, as well as desert camps, golf courses, water sports and light aviation.
Describing his experience, Jac said: “The 16 days of filming were filled with adventure, efforts and teamwork. With the support of Ras Al KhaimahTDA, we discovered more about this fantastic emirate and experienced the great hospitality of its residents.'
'One of the highlights was meeting Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, which made the experience spectacular,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers