Abu Dhabi moves to boost tourism from Korea
Abu Dhabi, June 6, 2012
A nine-strong Abu Dhabi tourism delegation will take part in a major travel trade fair in Seoul as the emirate records double-digit growth in the number of Koreans now staying in its hotels and hotel apartments.
The delegation, led by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), will be housed in a special destination pavilion at KOTFA, which opens in Seoul tomorrow (June 7) to run until Sunday.
It includes some of the emirate’s leading hotels and tour operators and the UAE’s national airline, Etihad Airways which flies daily from Seoul to Abu Dhabi International.
“In the first four months of this year 16 per cent more Korean hotel guests stayed in Abu Dhabi accommodation than over the same period last year which is a trend we are eager to build on,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, international promotions manager, TCA Abu Dhabi.
“With the UAE seeing expanding trade links with Korea, the potential for spreading the word of what the emirate has to offer visitors is significant and needs to be accessed.”
From January until the end of April this year some 5,509 Koreans stayed in Abu Dhabi’s hotels and hotel apartments.
“In Seoul we are also planning a presentation dinner for Korea’s top 40 outbound tour operators when, together with our stakeholders, we will be outlining all that’s new in Abu Dhabi for visitors to see and do,” added Al Nuaimi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight
- Abu Dhabi hotels see guest nights soar 26pc
- Oman Air- Turkish Airlines in codeshare deal