Etihad A340 conducts special fly-past
Abu Dhabi, May 21, 2012
Residents and holiday makers at Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, were on Monday treated to a spectacular ultra low fly-past by national carrier Etihad Airways' Airbus A340-600 which was taking part in promotional filming and photography, flying at 300 feet.
Dozens of on-lookers were thrilled at the rare sight of the wide-body aircraft flying across the pristine coast line of Saadiyat Island, said a statement from Etihad.
Etihad Airways worked closely with its colleagues at the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) and other departments to ensure the smooth running of the promotion, it added.
Giorgio Evangelisti, the Etihad Airways’ chief A330 and A340 pilot who captained the flight, said it was a real privilege to take command for this unprecedented flight.
“I have operated aircraft fly-pasts before, at the Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, but this occasion we flew much lower and I will treasure the memories forever,” he remarked.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall