Jumeirah Group names key sales officials
Dubai, May 10, 2012
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, has announced several new appointments for its sales team around the world.
Austin Frost has appointed vice president of Sales – Europe.
Frost joins Jumeirah after working 20 years for Shangri-La in Asia, the UK, the US and the Middle East, most recently as vice president of Sales and Marketing. An Irish national, Austin is a graduate from the Regional Technical College in Galway, Ireland and has since developed an extensive background in hotel management and specialised in sales & marketing.
In his new role, Austin will promote Jumeirah’s growing portfolio in Europe, now including hotels and resorts in London, Frankfurt, Rome, Mallorca and Istanbul, while driving business from the European markets to Jumeirah’s other properties in the US, the Middle East and Asia.
Adam Turner is the new director of Sales and Marketing, Maldives. His previous roles include senior management positions with British Airways as part of their commercial team, director of Leisure Sales with Ritz Carlton in the UK, and most recently director of Sales and Marketing at Ritz-Carlton in Dubai.
Turner will be based in Dubai and will handle sales for both Jumeirah resorts in the Maldives, Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli.
Daniel Kempf is named director of Sales, Jumeirah Bilgah Beach Hotel, Baku.
Kempf has over 10 years of experience in the luxury hospitality industry, having worked with Kempinski as part of pre-opening teams as well as operating hotels in Germany, Eastern Europe and Asia in various managerial functions, most recently as director of Sales and Marketing in Sofia.
A German national, Kempf studied at the Steigenberger Hotelberufsfachschule, Bad Reichenhall and the École Hotelière de Lausanne, and is fluent in English and German.
He is joining the pre-opening team for Jumeirah Bilgah Beach Hotel in Baku – the first international luxury city resort in Azerbaijan and Jumeirah’s entry in the CIS, opening in spring 2012.
Emmanuel Vallée has been appointed director of Sales and Marketing, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Dubai. Vallée has worked in hospitality for over 15 years for renowned brands such as Le Méridien, Hilton and Accor in the US, France, UK, Morocco.
Prior to joining Jumeirah he was director of Sales and Marketing for Ritz-Carlton in Dubai.
A French national, Emmanuel holds an MBA in Hospitality Management from ESSEC Business School in Paris and speaks English, French and Spanish. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights