St Regis Doha opened formally
Doha, May 8, 2012
The St. Regis Doha - Qatar’s newest luxury destination - was recently declared open with the unveiling of a commemorative plaque by key officials of Alfardan Group and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.
Since opening its doors to its first guests on March 31, the hotel has played host to leading diplomats and government officials, sporting luminaries, business executives and fans of luxury living from around the world.
“Our partnership with the St Regis Doha to operate Al Gassar Resort’s luxury hotel component has been a very successful venture,” said Omar Hussain Alfardan, president of Resorts Development Company (RDC) and Alfardan Group.
“Since its inauguration, the St Regis Doha has successfully fulfilled its promise to deliver to visitors of the hotel an exclusive and customized luxury staying experience, making it already the must-see destination in Qatar. We are proud to have the St Regis Doha added to our portfolio as a unique masterpiece at Al Gassar Resort and the finest address in Doha.”
“I would like to extend my personal thanks to Alfardan, RDC and Alfardan Group for their partnership with Starwood and the St Regis brand,” said Frits van Paasschen, President and CEO of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.
“St. Regis is growing faster than any luxury hotel brand ever has before. And thanks to great partners like RDC and Alfardan Group we are opening some of the most desired properties in the world. The opening of The St. Regis Doha marks an important milestone for Starwood as we expand into key destinations around the world,” he added.
As one of the first St Regis Hotels to open in the Middle East, it has already sparked local interest with the premiere of two new restaurants associated with world-renowned chef and restaurateur Gordon Ramsay, along with the upcoming opening of Jazz at Lincoln Centre, the first-ever venue associated with the New York City-based jazz centre outside of America.
The hotel has launched an opening offer, are valid until June 30, 2012. Rates start at QR1,900 ($522) per night for a superior room, including a 30-minute spa treatment, a St Regis afternoon tea in Sarab Lounge, Wi-Fi internet access and a Jazz at Lincoln Center welcome gift. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador