Saudi warns citizens against travel to Syria
Riyadh, May 6, 2012
Saudi Arabia warned its citizens against travel to Syria and urged those in the country to leave because of the security situation, state media reported on Sunday.
"In view of the continuing deterioration of the security situation in Syria, the Foreign Ministry renews its advice and its warning to all citizens against travel to Syria in order to ensure their safety and security and to avoid being exposed to any mishaps," said the Foreign Affairs Ministry, according to the Saudi Press Agency. "It urges citizens present in the country to leave." – Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline