Traders Hotel, Dubai names sales chief
Dubai, May 6, 2012
Traders Hotel, Dubai, a hospitality brand owned by Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, has announced the appointment of Mohamed Taher as director of Sales & Marketing.
Taher brings with him over 25 years of experience in tourism and hospitality spanning the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt. Prior to joining Traders Hotel, Dubai he was the director of Sales for Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai.
“I am very pleased to have taken the opportunity to develop my professional career with Shangri-La after eight successful years with Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai,” said Taher.
“Initially, my main focus will be to develop a strategy to maximize opportunities from the US, Australia, Asia Africa and certainly GCC, one of the hotel’s key target markets. It’s very exciting to be a part of the Shangri-La team and working with such a dedicated team of professionals,” he added.
In his new role Taher will oversee the marketing division that includes revenue management, sales, communications, reservations and events management. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief