Jumeirah opens first European resort
Dubai, May 3, 2012
Luxury hospitality company and member of Dubai Holding, Jumeirah Group, has opened its first European resort in Mallorca, Spain.
Nestled on the bay of Soller, Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa is the latest addition to the group’s portfolio of luxury spa hotels. The five-star resort is ideal for travellers who want to discover the local traditions, connect with the destination and enjoy an internationally recognised service, a statement from Jumeirah said.
Located in the northwest of the island of Mallorca, Puerto de Soller, is a small fishing village famous for its bay, port and location, and one of the most charismatic sites in the island: the Orange Valley found in the Sierra de Tramuntana, is a Unesco World Heritage site.
The resort which is on a cliff, occupies an area of 18,000 sq m, offering 120 rooms and suites, two restaurants, four bars, two swimming pools and Talise Spa.
The resort is divided into 11 low-rise structures aligned with the harmony of the landscape and integrating the visitor into the exceptional natural environment, the statement said.
The interiors of the hotel have been carefully selected in order to create a contemporary and comfortable look.
Different shades of beige and earth colours and local woods such as olive and pine, local crafts and vernacular architecture, spacious rooms with large windows overlooking the sea, mountains or harbour make the resort an unparalleled experience, it said.
Two new restaurants have also been opened, Es Fanals and Cap Roig. It also has three terraces, one of them ideal for watching the sunset.
Almost 200 km of tracks run along the coast which can be explored by bike or by foot and the island features 26 golf courses. Diving, snorkelling and fishing can be done and the hotel can also arrange boat rentals with experienced skippers who will guide guests to secluded beach coves.
The resort features ten treatment suites and a thermal area equipped with a Hammam, an ice room, a glass-panelled sauna overlooking the valley, a relaxation room with fireplace and an outdoor heated Hydropool.
Talise Spa offers a complete programme of treatments that combine the latest cosmetic innovations from prestigious brands like Barcelona-based Natura Bisse, Aromatherapy Associates, Linda Meredith and Bastien Gonzalez. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region